We were headed to a tailgate at my office last weekend and I needed to bring an appetizer to share. Bacon wrapped dates are always my go-to. And really what goes better with football than bacon?
I decided to dress up my typical bacon wrapped dates with apples and walnuts. They were so delicious and were gone pretty quick!
Apple & Walnut Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 2 packages Nitrate Free Bacon, slices cut in half
- About 50 dates, pitted
- About 25 Walnuts, halved
- One large honey crisp apple, cubed
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Stuff each date with one piece of apple and one half of a walnut.
- Roll Bacon strip around the date. Secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat process until all the dates are wrapped in bacon.
- Place on baking sheet & cook for 25-35 minutes, or until bacon is golden brown and crispy.
- After taking out of the oven, transfer bacon wrapped dates to cooling rack. (This will keep your bacon wrapped dates from absorbing extra bacon grease and getting soggy.)